[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Wednesday, September 20th, 2017|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Tue, 12:28: The rule for seminary professors is "publish or parish."
- Tue, 12:39: RT @HeerJeet: One of the consistently surprising things about the 21st century is how many homophobic cake makers there are.
- Tue, 13:16: Is Trump not worried about the psycho with nuclear weapons because he's more cockroach than man?
- Tue, 13:36: RT @Tennesseine: @fmc21369 @IvankaTrump @VP https://t.co/I0No4S1Xca
- Tue, 13:38: RT @peterwalker99: Can't be stressed often enough that almost all 25m North Koreans are as trapped as if they were in a prison. A lot of in…
- Tue, 13:39: And he apparently had his eyelashes singed off in the 90s. https://t.co/QCZNPQRgIY
- Tue, 13:44: RT @Baelitt: This carrot looks.. as if it wants to be an astronaut so badly https://t.co/AUKIMPF6nT
- Tue, 13:53: RT @LunaLuvgood2017: #NoCassidyGraham #SaveACA Another Day, Another GOP Way To Tell Americans to Drop Dead #Resistance https://t.co/…
- Tue, 13:58: RT @TechnicallyRon: "Hey you're that fucking idiot with terrible hair who tricked an entire country into making themselves look like morons…
- Tue, 14:00: Hurricane survival tip: Don't kiss a storm named Maria.
|Tuesday, September 19th, 2017|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Mon, 13:58: Even if Trump's rally attendees are outnumbered by Juggalos, the fact that the rallies are even a thing is disturbing.
- Mon, 17:35: RT @JoeBerkowitz: Let's not let people like Spicer and Mooch become Cute Things. They were lying mouthpieces, utter disgraces. They should…
- Mon, 17:37: RT @jacquieresists: @Stonekettle This is the best sentence in the history of ever: https://t.co/cEjT3dry0k
- Mon, 17:43: RT @ZakkFlash: Reject poverty porn. Organize the working class. Build the new world in the shell of the old. https://t.co/nepwU1NWQ5
- Mon, 17:55: Which means Chris Brown is officially worse than Pontius Pilate. https://t.co/OtuOf9OzIp
- Mon, 19:03: RT @RVAwonk: Trump just said he wants to have a military parade down Pennsylvania Ave. on July 4. There's precedent for that... 👇 https://…
- Mon, 20:32: Weren't there pictures of Earth from space before CGI was a thing? https://t.co/naPkCpCArf
- Mon, 22:26: The Wages of�Sin https://t.co/SuPfr7XQzT https://t.co/8U8upSJzSr
- Tue, 11:07: Toys "R" Us is so broke, they had to sell all their backwards R's to Russia.
- Tue, 11:17: RT @Jenny_Trout: Meanwhile, fuck you for wanting healthcare. It's too expensive. https://t.co/iyak1SnRCN
|Monday, September 18th, 2017|
|Sunday, September 17th, 2017|
|Saturday, September 16th, 2017|
|Friday, September 15th, 2017|
|Thursday, September 14th, 2017|
- Wed, 13:46: RT @landpsychology: Mama and baby https://t.co/1slv3bgals
- Wed, 13:47: @nadiaaboulhosn Happy birthday!
- Wed, 13:50: RT @VGArtAndTidbits: 32 years ago today, Super Mario Bros was released. Here's early art and story used in the official strategy guide. h…
- Wed, 15:12: Congress, why call universal health care "Medicare for All" when it seems Medicare covers less than ever?
- Wed, 15:49: Regarding the Bodega thing, is it typical for new companies to flat-out tell the public their goal is to destroy small business?
- Wed, 21:16: RT @anicrossing: https://t.co/auiF6ohq3x
- Wed, 21:16: RT @UrsulaV: Poor Voldemort looks like he just came home to discover his snake made a mess on the carpet. https://t.co/dTLwMPnNTj
|Wednesday, September 13th, 2017|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Tue, 12:36: I feel that "I'm so bad because I ate this candy!" jokes are tacitly accepting of diet culture.
- Tue, 13:23: It seems like music now is more specialized than when I was young, but then, I was an oblivious suburban white kid.
- Tue, 13:57: RT @Fred_Delicious: [New, dark Taylor Swift at the movies] "one ticket to Stephen King's It please, which is a comedy to me by the way"
- Tue, 14:00: RT @ChorpSaway: Every defense of Pewdiepie reads like this: https://t.co/zg4wd1DLLj
- Tue, 14:05: RT @RogueRomantic: Breaking the sound barrier. https://t.co/bxYlT0UPNh
- Tue, 16:47: I'm in love with your body, so here's a song that's torment for your ears.
- Wed, 08:10: Hillary vs. Bernie really doesn't matter at this point. Let's unite in hatred against the people who voted for the dead gorilla.
- Wed, 08:12: RT @whatkatie_did: it's so cute seeing Americans hyped over Cruz faving porn. Our prime minister literally fucked a pig. Y'all are amateurs.
- Wed, 08:17: RT @ricedaddy7: If the Earth is the third planet from the sun, isn't every country technically a third-world country?
- Wed, 10:02: Seltzer is very popular in New York City. I have to say my tastebuds find carbonation without sweetness to be confusing.
|Tuesday, September 12th, 2017|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Mon, 13:17: For the record, I probably wouldn't date Taylor Swift.
- Mon, 13:31: Is Taylor Swift arguing against the concept of free will?
- Mon, 13:34: RT @xLiserx: Lois Lane spends a lonely afternoon at the beach because she doesn't recognize any of her friends in sunglasses.
- Mon, 13:34: RT @solomongeorgio: You'd be scared of undocumented immigrants too if your ancestors were undocumented immigrants & murdered the people alr…
- Mon, 13:36: RT @AutiaI: Pok�mon Go trying to murder people #HurrcaneIrma https://t.co/6sNcs1lo3p
- Mon, 13:49: Part of one, anyway. https://t.co/RfeDfFHrUZ
- Mon, 13:53: This is a lot of shit, you know that? https://t.co/LPbo3UVi92
- Mon, 14:07: RT @Rubie_Rue: 1. Nadia Aboulhosn @nadiaaboulhosn https://t.co/eJnmxUb4EZ
- Mon, 14:09: RT @RF_P0TUS: Kid Rock to Mitt Romney, Senate floor, 2019: ...trying different things, smoking funny things, tying Seamus to the roof all…
- Mon, 14:10: RT @Daddys_Commies: White liberals cherry-picking MLK quotes like: https://t.co/b3FZPz9Hcx
|Monday, September 11th, 2017|
- Sun, 13:22: Republicans, instead of saying it's not the right time to talk about gun control or climate change, admit you never want to talk about them.
- Sun, 13:43: Dessert that looks like it fell over. It's called Hubris Cake. No, it's actually Chocolate Fall… https://t.co/lfMZOYMLOa
- Sun, 14:57: Why am I looking up how much a Switch costs when I have so many 3DS, PC, and Wii games I still haven't played?
- Sun, 19:48: Finally made it through that wacky 3D maze. Now I have to find the Earth Spirit. #DragonQuestVII
|Sunday, September 10th, 2017|
|Saturday, September 9th, 2017|
|Friday, September 8th, 2017|
|Thursday, September 7th, 2017|
|Wednesday, September 6th, 2017|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Tue, 13:14: #UnlikelyRoyalBabyNames Jerhighness
- Tue, 13:18: RT @ACreativeMuggle: https://t.co/qvrEzl9RwS
- Tue, 13:43: RT @0kateislate0: Land puppy, sea puppy, sky puppy https://t.co/szvc8unV6L
- Tue, 13:56: RT @chick_in_kiev: LA: *covered in smoke from a hellfire* Houston: *underwater* Trump: I will deport a million children
- Tue, 13:57: RT @BananaKarenina: The cost of free will is moral evil, but the cost of determinism is still like $0.94 https://t.co/LUqrPPkVsw
- Tue, 16:32: I don't think the ICP ever even graduated from clown college.
- Tue, 17:38: RT @mrbenwexler: I have no sympathy for these kids. Their parents broke the law. They don't have jobs. They cost taxpayers money. Depor…
- Tue, 17:46: RT @OhNoSheTwitnt: To recap: A guy who dodged the draft, colluded with Russia, and defended Nazis gets to decide who's American enough to s…
- Tue, 17:48: RT @johnpavlovitz: Trump Supporter, A practical question: How do you sleep at night? Sincerely, People With Souls #DACA #Dreamers
- Tue, 20:02: Woozy Memories https://t.co/UE3RWZtl9J https://t.co/aXZjtnuFTy
|Tuesday, September 5th, 2017|
- Mon, 12:24: Life'll Kill Ya https://t.co/hIbCs9pGcv
- Mon, 13:01: RT @TheDweck: Just passed by a "Welcome to America" sign at airport customs and it felt like when someone forgets to take down a Christmas…
- Mon, 14:03: RT @ThisPuzzlePiece: @PeterMDavies80 @Xultar The term "identity politics" is code for "We don't want to hear about how painful oppression i…
- Mon, 14:09: RT @MyNintendoNews: Three New Kingdoms May Have Been Discovered In Super Mario�Odyssey https://t.co/RSDlG0LqK4 https://t.co/7YVfVZLWmH
- Mon, 14:15: RT @meganamram: Oh my god the New Yorker found JARED KUSHNER'S HARVARD ADMISSIONS ESSAY: https://t.co/HJrkRrFOAm
- Mon, 14:20: Where's the "undercover" part? It's blatantly above-cover sexism. https://t.co/4UsZGMuIGl
- Mon, 19:38: 📹 Super Mario Election: Bowser vs. Peach He didn’t even have to use nice-guy potion this time! https://t.co/RH5EigxhRS
- Mon, 20:21: RT @SamChaplin: PISS IN THE FROG'S MOUTH LIKE A MEN!! https://t.co/FbwPkKDOUf
- Mon, 20:28: #UnlikelyRoyalBabyNames Scaramucci
- Mon, 20:29: RT @ScientistMel: In case you need a smile Big cats are still cats 🤓❤️ https://t.co/BWQvfeaAit </ul
|Monday, September 4th, 2017|
|Life'll Kill Ya
This weekend, Beth and I drove down to Virginia to visit my grandmother, my mom's mom, who's my only living grandparent. She's ninety-five and living in an assisted living community, and not doing very well but surviving. She has a lot of trouble seeing, and seems kind of bored. I guess mortality has been on my mind recently. Two people I didn't talk to much but was generally friendly with died in the past month, one after a battle with cancer, and the other quite abruptly. And a few months ago, a guy I knew from social media but had never met in person died just short of his sixtieth birthday. I still see things online that I think he would have liked, and there's no way for me to share them with him. It's easier when there's a chance to say goodbye and wrap up loose ends, but even then it's disturbing and sad. I feel like, when I was growing up, people thought I was insensitive about such things because I didn't really visibly mourn, but I think that's something everybody deals with in their own way. When you consider how fragile we really are, it's astounding how many people manage to live and thrive for so long. My grandmother tells herself that God must not be ready for her yet, but I've never been religious, and the idea of an afterlife seems unlikely to me. That said, I can see why people want to believe in it, and it's a pretty standard belief throughout the world. Our consciousness is how we interact with the world, and it's difficult to grasp the idea that it could just end all of a sudden. I guess part of me thinks that people should be entitled to see how their legacy turns out, even if they don't get some kind of eternal existence in spirit form. But then, who said life (or afterlife) was fair? I'm sometimes bothered by the fact that I've never accomplished anything that I can be remembered by, but I'd really rather be remembered while I'm still alive to appreciate it.
To switch from something depressing to something that's merely annoying, I did a lot driving in the past two days, and I've hardly driven at all since moving to Brooklyn. It rained for much of the drive down, but it was actually pretty clear when we crossed the Bay Bride Tunnel, which gives some awe-inspiring views of the Chesapeake. I kind of wish we'd taken some pictures there. I appreciate that there are Wawas all the way down now, when they were just a southeastern Pennsylvania and environs thing in my youth. I hear they have them in Florida now. We had dinner on Saturday at Cheddar's, a restaurant we don't have in our area. We're back home now, and don't have any plans of doing anything today. It's back-to-school time now, which doesn't affect us, but brings back some unpleasant memories. As with a lot of things, the prospect of going to school was often worse than actually being there, but there were certainly exceptions. I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to survive junior high. Anyway, to commemorate Labor Day, here's a relevant Andy Partridge demo: Current Mood: overwhelmed
|Saturday, September 2nd, 2017|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Fri, 13:05: You can't be openly discriminatory AND universally beloved. Trump wants to have his cake and eat it while planning a missile strike.
- Fri, 13:41: If hurricanes are a punishment from God, why do they affect people who didn't do anything wrong? Does the Almighty have terrible aim?
- Fri, 13:45: RT @potatofarmgirl: 🍑🌼 https://t.co/m1dpqpaf6J
- Fri, 18:42: RT @monaeltahawy: If everything we did was based on how our opponents would spin it to their advantage, we'd never get anything done.
- Fri, 18:46: RT @theblowout: trump promising $5 million for president obama's birth certificate but only $1 million to hurricane victims is as on-brand…
- Fri, 18:47: RT @ChristnNitemare: h/t @DangerMindsBlog https://t.co/fZu2XCtEXH
- Fri, 18:50: RT @OfficiallyAlly: Being a writer is basically 10% writing 80% feeling like you should be writing 4% crying 6% thinking about what you ha…
- Fri, 19:11: RT @JaggedAuthor: You guys see today's Marmaduke? I love how this strip manages to stay so fresh after 400 years. https://t.co/KW8xEMWHRV
- Fri, 22:00: Saw a woman at Wawa wearing shorts inside out. I guess Back to the Future 2 fashions are just two years late.
- Sat, 10:10: I have to say "Oh You Did" is a better song than "Look What You Made Me Do." @tmbg @PurestRobin
|Friday, September 1st, 2017|
- Thu, 13:25: RT @Brasilmagic: Donations to Help Hurricane Victims: https://t.co/xsm4oKDARs
- Thu, 13:33: https://t.co/7I6l23RYgw via @cheezburger
- Thu, 13:48: RT @NMamatas: Dunno where this is from, but I found it on FB in a comment by someone. https://t.co/AbrW29qZdp
- Thu, 17:14: My favorite four-dimensional burlesque dancer is Dita Von Tesseract.
- Thu, 22:19: Beyond Good and�Eva https://t.co/P1cnb1wq5Q https://t.co/memNd0TwfM
- Fri, 11:11: RT @thenoahkinsey: It's such a simple concept: If someone is harassed & your first thought is, "What did they do to invite that behavior?"…
- Fri, 11:45: Are raisins and prunes the only dried fruits to have their own names?
- Fri, 11:45: RT @SenKamalaHarris: Health care is a right. RT if you agree.
- Fri, 11:53: RT @iwearaonesie: girl at the bar: You're funny me *brings her over to meet my wife* Tell her what you said
- Fri, 11:56: RT @cathythemango: *DEEP BREATHS* you ready? Ok, native New Yorker here. You wanna know what appropriation is? It's not "borrowing" from… </ul
|Thursday, August 31st, 2017|
- Wed, 13:04: RT @shaun_jen: chased by mob of antifa who decided i was a nazi for no reason & they killed me. this is a true story. journalists DM me for…
- Wed, 13:06: RT @protestcards: I don't believe Ann Coulter is a racist scarecrow soaked in boxed wine and self-loathing. But that is more credible than…
- Wed, 13:14: Does Bedrock have cardboard? If not, what are their Pebbles cereal boxes made of?
- Wed, 13:15: What kind of empathy does dragging your wife around by her neck show? https://t.co/ip9jOneNOT
- Wed, 13:23: RT @wbtphdjd: Stolen from Facebook friend. Oh, so THAT'S what he meant: https://t.co/d3nYMiuySE
- Wed, 15:41: #AwfulThemeParkIdeas Trumper cars
- Wed, 20:57: Magical Buildup https://t.co/RYgGinnWyt https://t.co/lf2s5JGL04
- Wed, 21:45: RT @ArtOfDPX: Hey @doublemaximus, how do you rate my mushrooms? Lookin' good😁? Pulled off some layer trickery on 'em. Uncen: https://t.co/…
- Thu, 03:48: RT @drewtoothpaste: Dont care what you covet. I made this. https://t.co/OkxyUcyKPr https://t.co/2W3TnDxWwl