[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Sunday, May 1st, 2016|
|Saturday, April 30th, 2016|
- Fri, 21:28: RT @stewnami: The bathroom sign said "employees must wash hands" but I didn't see one around, so I washed my own.
- Fri, 21:32: RT @Black__Elvis: A lot of people think bull fighting is unethical but sometimes bulls are just unable to settle their differences construc…
- Fri, 22:13: RT @SkinnerSteven: "I hate being half bicycle-half motorcycle" he moped
|Friday, April 29th, 2016|
|Thursday, April 28th, 2016|
|Tuesday, April 26th, 2016|
- Mon, 18:31: "Get behind me, Satan." -The chaperone on Satan's class trip
- Mon, 19:01: Why does my mind dwell on things I should have said to people years ago, especially when those conversations were meaningless?
- Mon, 20:40: Donald Trump insulted my old hometown. https://t.co/GqpkilLoji
- Mon, 22:24: Trump's insulting nicknames sound like they're supposed to be jokes but aren't. Is there some pun in "Lyin' Ted" that I'm missing?
- Mon, 23:54: Does a guy who eats pizza with a fork really get to criticize someone else's eating habits?
- Tue, 00:07: Pandering's Not Dead 2: Jesus Wants You to Watch This Shitty Movie
|Monday, April 25th, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Sun, 13:56: RT @bigmacher: If you pound on a Monopoly board hard enough you can cause a small earthquake in Atlantic City. #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 14:00: The game Go was named after what people were constantly yelling when the other player took too long deciding on a move. #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 14:03: Operation was originally created to raise awareness of all the people who die of butterflies in the stomach. #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 14:07: "Marvin Gardens" is misspelled on the Monopoly board. It's actually "Marvin Guardians." #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 14:07: RT @MrTommyCampbell: Donald Trump will be changing the game "UNO" to "ONE". #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 14:10: Backgammon got its name because the winner traditionally received a pound of Canadian bacon as a prize. #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 14:14: Stratego was based on the actual practice in certain parts of France to fight battles facing away from the enemy. #FakeBoardGameFacts
- Sun, 19:42: Kind of weird that democracy and monotheism have both become the norm. They seem a little contradictory to me.
- Sun, 21:58: Bike planter https://t.co/ZY19hatTtG
- Sun, 22:00: Man vs. Nature @ Dyker Beach Golf Course https://t.co/IHdQyFcHiU
|Sunday, April 24th, 2016|
|Friday, April 22nd, 2016|
|Thursday, April 21st, 2016|
- Thu, 11:57: I kind of feel Sanders should drop out, but that might be a bit hypocritical since I voted for him.
|Wednesday, April 20th, 2016|
- Tue, 17:57: We voted. https://t.co/gktdAOdyCL
- Tue, 19:18: If I Only Had a Brain�Surgeon https://t.co/ZSdAECE8VU https://t.co/0uDF6FAKPQ
- Tue, 19:48: Why should I have to move to Canada if Trump wins? Why can't TRUMP move to Canada if he wins?
- Tue, 20:39: For the Republican Convention, should I cosplay as Ronald Reagan or Jesus with a gun?
- Wed, 11:12: If I took a picture with spirits of the air, would it be a sylphie?
- Wed, 15:38: RT @WernerTwertzog: Increasingly, I find it hard to look at #TedCruz without imagining him as a swarm of loathsome insects contained in a r…
- Wed, 15:41: RT @hazelmotes1: Technically, this isn't a thumb war because it was never declared by congress. It's just a thumb police action.
- Wed, 15:42: RT @billygoat: I feel so bad for Andrew Jackson, being forced to relocate by the federal government. Must be terrible for him.
- Wed, 16:02: RT @rilaws: Can't believe I have to throw out all my old 20 dollar bills
- Wed, 16:02: RT @TeaPartyCat: Donald Trump: “Harriet Tubman should not be on the $20 bill. She’s not hot! I’m disgusted just thinking about it.” </ul
|Monday, April 18th, 2016|
|Sunday, April 10th, 2016|
- Sat, 20:42: When the Muppets Are in the�World https://t.co/UPtRIbX4zW https://t.co/32F69iUoYB
- Sat, 20:50: Because of how bad they smell, I'm assuming. @ Brooklyn, New York https://t.co/UO18Gu2ObL
- Sat, 20:53: This warning sign was dictated by William Shatner. @ Brooklyn, New York https://t.co/5SqkulrEJ2
- Sat, 20:55: Just posted a photo @ Brooklyn, New York https://t.co/8aju03yy3n
- Sat, 23:54: RT @drhappyknuckles: BATMAN: We could, theoretically, both be 'super,' but only I can be a bat SUPERMAN: Lol okay dude you win. </ul
|Saturday, April 9th, 2016|
- Fri, 13:58: RT @GianDoh: The opening ceremony for our ribbon repair business was pretty confusing.
- Fri, 13:58: RT @joshgondelman: Donald Trump is like if Ray thought of a presidential candidate instead of a marshmallow man at the end of "Ghostbusters…
- Fri, 14:20: I once thought, if the days shifted between hot and cold, we wouldn't get so tired of either. I guess Nature decided to try it for real.
- Fri, 22:09: Cut Robert Kardashian line from People v OJ Simpson: "Kim, if we win this case, I'll get you those butt implants you've been asking for."
- Fri, 22:14: RT @PrincessLib_TYT: Life hack: don't trust anyone who likes to work out and read Ayn Rand. #tytlive
|Friday, April 8th, 2016|
|Thursday, April 7th, 2016|
|Thursday, March 31st, 2016|
|Sunday, March 27th, 2016|
- Sat, 14:00: RT @SarahKSilverman: "Nobody has more (the opposite of what he's accused of) than Donald Trump!" I'm bored of your formula, Puddin https://…
- Sat, 21:02: RT @david8hughes: Judas: still on for Friday? Jesus: Friday? Judas: yeah, the last supper Jesus: the what? Judas: supper. Normal supper wit…
- Sat, 21:10: Which god had the best resurrection?
- Sun, 11:11: Do people dye eggs on Easter because Jesus was eggs-ecuted?
|Saturday, March 26th, 2016|
|Friday, March 25th, 2016|
|Sunday, March 20th, 2016|
|The Visitors from Albuquerque
My dad and his wife came up to visit from New Mexico this weekend. They had previously seen my brother and sister in Pennsylvania, and yesterday they took the train into Penn Station. Beth and I met them there, and we had dinner at the Heartland Brewery. They have good food, but we've never actually tried the beer. My dad did have some, and said he liked it. After that, we walked around Midtown Manhattan for a while, up through Bryant Park, Times Square, and Rockefeller Center. They were, of course, really crowded. There's not much to report about them other than that we overheard some guy with a Southern accent telling the security guard at the NBC Store how much better Jay Leno was than Johnny Carson. We also went inside St. Patrick's Cathedral, albeit not very far inside. I only got pictures of the outside, though.
Their hotel shared a building with a comic shop, and I bought a copy of Eric Shanower's Welcome to Oz
Adult Coloring Book. While I doubt I'll color in it (I made that mistake with Eric's Oz-Toy Book 2
, which is now long out of print), his illustrations of Oz are always nice to see. Many are ones I've come across elsewhere, but I don't think I'd previously seen his version of Davy Jones in the Nome Kingdom from Lucky Bucky in Oz
Today, we met up at Coney Island and walked on the boardwalk. I know at least Luna and Wonder Wheel Parks were supposed to open this weekend, but they ended up not due to the snow in the forecast. And yes, it actually did snow later in the day, although it didn't accumulate. We did see a few cats living there, including one black one with no tail.
They had food left out for them at the Sea Gate end, and likely other places as well. Dinner was at Gargiulo's, an Italian place right near the subway station where Beth and I had considered going before, but never did.
It was tasty, but places that fancy sometimes make me a little nervous. And while this isn't really a complaint, the guy who refilled the water was a little TOO attentive. I get the impression they might have been busy earlier and later in the day, because at the time the wait staff seemed to come close to outnumbering the customers. I had a piece of cheesecake for dessert, but found it dry. Apparently it's the California cheesecake that's creamy, which is the kind I prefer. Too bad I live in New York and have never been to California. After dinner, we showed them where we live, and they saw the cats. Wally was really interested in my dad's shoes for some reason.
Reagan was nervous, but still friendly. Then my dad went back to the hotel, and I did the laundry, which brings us up to almost now. I wore some older sneakers I don't wear that much when walking around, and the right one rubbed the back of my heel. I'm not sure why, but that's a problem I often have. Both my shoes and socks tend to get worn out in that area first, and I don't know why. I have work tomorrow, and I still haven't finished my taxes. My dad said he'd look over them when he got back home, but I also need to call about my login for a form I need to fill out and submit. My brother asked for information from an accountant, so I can mostly follow his example, but it's definitely more complicated than I'm used to. Current Mood: tired