[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Thursday, December 8th, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Thu, 07:44: Today is Bodhi Day in Japan. That's when the Buddha, after 49 days under a tree, finally realized he was covered in bird poop.
- Thu, 07:52: The Immaculate Conception celebrates the conception of Mary, not Jesus. And the Big-Maculate Conception was that of Ray Kroc.
- Thu, 10:36: The #DAPL website refers to "light sweet crude oil." So does it contain aspartame or sucralose?
- Thu, 10:42: https://t.co/hqzAKS1kdF The evolution of Dr. Wily's art through the first eight Mega Man games
- Thu, 12:12: Teaspoons are the right size for stirring tea, but tablespoons are way too small for stirring tables.
- Thu, 13:26: Trump is attacking Chuck Jones? But he created Wile E. Coyote and Marvin the Martian! (I can't be the only one to think of this, right?)
- Thu, 13:37: RT @bkmcconnell: @politico Remember how @POTUS was also an oxygen-breathing, carbon-based life form? Basically the same as Trump.
- Thu, 13:40: RT @angrysantaelf: Frosty the Great Old One #ThursdayThoughts #Christmas https://t.co/SN3wqpP8q0
- Thu, 13:41: RT @TeaPartyCat: BREAKING: Ohio bans abortion past the 20th minute after intercourse on the grounds that “women are dirty, dirty whores”.
- Thu, 13:46: RT @peytonism: Look how instinctively, the mother croc carries the baby in its mouth. Nature is beautiful. https://t.co/xLWLm87Nya
|Wednesday, December 7th, 2016|
- Tue, 12:03: This temp job involves a lot of signing my name, and I doubt they'd let me use a stamp.
- Tue, 13:13: A dragon in this Russian fairy tale asks for beef and beer. I guess alcohol IS combustible.
- Tue, 13:22: I don't think I ever heard whether the Krampus movie was any good. Well, is it?
- Tue, 21:27: It's a...duck with an old lady head, I guess? @ Dyker Heights, Brooklyn https://t.co/MFKW3VFd4u
- Wed, 07:57: #catsofinstagram https://t.co/bKwDHMOosg
- Wed, 10:32: Kids who are afraid of Santa are regular Noel cowards.
- Wed, 10:43: RT @joegarden: The most disquieting thing about a lot of discourse around the flurry of lies that are today's normal is the "prove it's NOT…
- Wed, 10:46: Paul Ryan says free lunches give you an empty soul. Hear that, multitude that Jesus fed with loaves and fishes?
|Tuesday, December 6th, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Mon, 18:04: #catsofinstagram https://t.co/6aSfeSsVO8
- Mon, 18:56: This Is Maui Do�It https://t.co/Lc895R5UPA https://t.co/lRdo7fqdo3
- Mon, 19:44: 📹 titleknown: You know, I’m honestly surprised that this song hasn’t been adapted as a leftist protest... https://t.co/kB8BcyQmQY
- Mon, 20:09: 📷 Gruss vom Krampus! (via Happy Krampus Day) https://t.co/81kEtTMlW2
- Mon, 20:32: Another entry in the series of things I see on the sidewalk. I'll bet this became tiresome… https://t.co/brSgzXV52C
- Mon, 20:43: #DragonQuestVII has eggplant enemies called Woebergines. Game designers must hate eggplant. #DragonQuest
- Mon, 23:36: That looks like a gingerbread dog to me. https://t.co/OTCeMpUVD0
- Tue, 07:35: It's St Nicholas Day. Leave your shoes out tonight for him to fill. Not your nice shoes, though, because he might take them.
- Tue, 07:37: RT @thenoahkinsey: People who are super pissed about the black Santa at the Mall of America better not also think white privilege isn't rea…
- Tue, 07:59: RT @daveweigel: It's just good advice https://t.co/MVU1kaxC6y
|Monday, December 5th, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Sun, 21:11: This is the first time I've worn this shirt. What do you think? #dragonquest https://t.co/iBB5DAixwN
- Sun, 22:25: He's been practicing for this role by playing Trump on Saturday Night Live. @ Alpine Cinemas https://t.co/xaJ1WWGUMO
- Sun, 22:35: Isn't Santa recognizable by his accessories and mannerisms, not the color of his skin?
- Mon, 07:32: I don't really care for Santa's face, but in fairness, I imagine it's hard to draw on ice cream.… https://t.co/CLRPzgC0y6
- Mon, 10:42: Guys who send unsolicited dick pics, if you think that's your best feature, it doesn't say much for the rest of you.
- Mon, 10:43: If I wanted to hit on someone, I wouldn't send a dick pic. I'd send a picture of a pet.
- Mon, 13:10: RT @TheBoydP: If you’re paying too much for stuff I suggest you start paying less.
- Mon, 13:12: RT @BrowncoatAuror: Jeepers this seems awfully relevant. https://t.co/GGTemQCc9R
- Mon, 13:18: I'm impressed that the govt actually listened to people over oil companies for once. Still not sure why we need another pipeline, though.
- Mon, 13:19: And what's the Army Corps of Engineers' response to the people they tried to freeze? "Our bad"?
|Sunday, December 4th, 2016|
|Saturday, December 3rd, 2016|
- Fri, 15:38: I think I would have preferred a cowboy riding an ostrich. I wasn't really into horses. #rudolphtherednosedreindeer
- Fri, 18:27: RT @QwertyJones3: What are you calling your new burger place? "Six Guys" No that's too many guys *pushes Jon out the door* "How about no…
- Fri, 19:08: RT @softreeds: read this. read it again. read it again. read it again. read it again. read it again. now make everyone you know read it. t…
- Fri, 19:20: If Japan gets nukes, I hope they have Hello Kitty on them. Okay, maybe Badtz-Maru instead.
- Sat, 08:13: RT @angrysantaelf: Santa usually combines two toys to create a new one. Hence "Operation Perfection" in which a timer causes all the intern…
- Sat, 08:14: RT @mynameisntdave: Plz don't make me find drugs today woof https://t.co/iO32tcC5UT
- Sat, 08:17: RT @sirchrisdaniels: What if they've been giving Trump fake phone numbers so he's not really talking to different foreign leaders, and it's…
- Sat, 08:28: RT @PKBlake: Interesting how there's water in the toilet but I'm not allowed to drink out of it https://t.co/LNndtjjixN
|Friday, December 2nd, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Thu, 16:00: Breitbart urges a boycott of Kellogg's until they agree to deport Toucan Sam.
- Thu, 16:02: RT @flashboy: …then Queen Victoria told me to mind the ham, and Ghandi turned into a glowing bird. Oh shit it’s really kicking in now. I ca…
- Thu, 17:14: Can you believe the Duane Reade I was in today had Sharper Image products, but no Trump Steaks?
- Thu, 17:42: I believe Elf on the Shelf was started by Sauron as a way to display the bodies of his enemies.
- Fri, 08:58: Whether Super Mario World or SMB3 is a better game led to the schism between Yoshiites and Angry Sun-nis.
- Fri, 09:56: Pac-Man Fever isn't all that serious, except when it leads to Space Invader Influenza.
- Fri, 10:38: Hate to break it to you, Link, but after that Lon Lon milk you need a Breath Mint of the Wild.
- Fri, 10:43: I assume Extreme Vetting will be sponsored by Mountain Dew.
- Fri, 13:16: RT @OhNoSheTwitnt: If women are going to have to pay for funerals for their aborted fetuses the GOP should have to pay for funerals for wom…
- Fri, 13:26: RT @thekareem: When you realize that the Spice Girls have more foreign policy experience than Donald Trump https://t.co/DctfGUolTX
|Thursday, December 1st, 2016|
|Wednesday, November 30th, 2016|
- Tue, 21:55: Art with Brains and�Courage https://t.co/P5A7baM464 https://t.co/EZa5ARydrN
- Wed, 07:26: My brain is turning into chicken fat. I think the technical name is Schmaltzheimer's Disease.
- Wed, 09:31: RT @TeaPartyCat: Trump names Goldman Sachs partner Steven Mnuchin as Secretary of Treasury. I just hope he wasn't corrupted by all of Hilla…
- Wed, 10:13: Little-known fact: Goldman Sachs was named after their collection of totemic metal scrotums, but had to change the spelling.
- Wed, 10:22: H.G. Wells's dad had a shop that sold China and cricket bats. Sounds like a dangerous combination.
- Wed, 11:01: This giant rat wants to bring back night court. Harry Anderson and John Larroquette might well… https://t.co/CIjUIn63ZH
- Wed, 13:39: Why do we need an oil pipeline when our president-elect seems to think you can just put oil in your pocket?
- Wed, 13:41: RT @someMarkFarrell: *I'm sick of political correctness.* Fair enough. People who vote for a racist are racist. *DON'T CALL ME THAT. I'M EC…
- Wed, 14:05: RT @thenoahkinsey: Love thy neighbor as thyself Let the 1 who has never sinned throw the 1st stone He sat w/prostitutes & tax collectors Je… </ul
|Tuesday, November 29th, 2016|
- Mon, 13:51: Clean coal is what Santa gives you if you're only somewhat bad.
- Mon, 13:53: RT @Khanoisseur: 1932, NYT: If Nazis are allowed to govern they'll become more moderate because they'll find it impossible to keep their ca…
- Mon, 14:00: RT @VGArtAndTidbits: Super Mario Land - enemy chart for publications. https://t.co/EykyQH92cW
- Mon, 19:17: Guess it makes sense that video games no longer come with printed manuals, but I like to have something to look at before I play.
- Mon, 20:06: Morning, Noone, and Night https://t.co/BZbzDxciCj
- Tue, 10:20: RT @RLRudge: This is best piece of Superman art I've seen in a long time, made by Brakken https://t.co/4BAJvGS2Vx https://t.co/CgJnCiGfwL
- Tue, 10:42: RT @CyrusMMcQueen: #Obama caught a ton of flak for not saying 'Radical Islam.' Well it's up to us to give Trump a ton of flak for not sayin…
- Tue, 11:09: RT @NorseMythNews: Journalism Evolution 2005: Boo, research. Quote journalists! 2010: Boo, journalists. Quote bloggers! 2016: Boo, blogg…
- Tue, 11:16: RT @Brimshack: I love these "Christian supply stores." You gotta stock up on supplies. ...else you be Pagan come the Springtime.
- Tue, 11:21: Hmm, the King of Estard is named Donald. This doesn't bode well. #DragonQuest #dragonquestvii
|Monday, November 28th, 2016|
|Morning, Noone, and Night
If I had to choose my top five holidays based around eating turkey, then Thanksgiving would definitely be in there somewhere. It's never been a particularly exciting holiday for me, but I had fun spending it with Beth's family this year.
People always joke about how much they eat at Thanksgiving dinner, and while I generally get full, I have other preferences for overeating. The breadsticks at the Olive Garden, for instance. Beth and I have been wanting to go there for our birthdays, which were almost two weeks ago now, but we didn't have the chance when we were in New Jersey. A lot of people would probably consider it gauche, but it's still my favorite restaurant.
I've had better Italian food, sure, but usually for much higher prices and without the breadsticks. I had work on Friday, and then returned to South Jersey on Saturday to see Herman's Hermits in Atlantic City with Beth, her mom, and her cousin Marji. Peter Noone still tours under that name, but I don't know if any of the other original band members are still active.
At sixty-nine years old, he's still a very entertaining performer, joking around with the crowd and playing a mix of Herman's Hermits songs and others from the same era. Beth and I might well have been the youngest people in the audience. Okay, maybe not, since there are usually a few children, but I didn't notice any. It's basically the opposite of when I saw the Decemberists and felt like the oldest person there. I have noticed that concerts at casinos tend to be short compared to those at other venues, I guess in hopes that the audience will have more time to spend gambling. After the show, we ate at Denny's, another much-maligned restaurant that I like. They undercooked my pancakes, but they replaced them, so that turned out all right.
I haven't done much Christmas shopping yet, just a little for Beth. I did buy myself some things, a 3DS XL and a copy of Dragon Quest VII, but I haven't played it yet. Well, this version, anyway; I did play DQ7 on my brother's PlayStation years ago, and couldn't get past the 3D maze. I remember the beginning of the game being pretty boring.
The system also comes with Super Mario World pre-installed, and I'm still terrible at it. It doesn't help that I'm not yet used to the controls, which are basically the same as on the Super NES but feel a bit different. I did manage to finish World 1 and save my game. In retrospect, it's weird how SMW was the first Mario game with battery backup. Woe betide you if you managed to get through most of Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES and then the power went out. I believe the reissues of the early Mario games do allow for saving, though. SMB3 actually kind of felt bigger than SMW, although I don't think it was in terms of actual gameplay. There were more levels, and eight worlds instead of seven, but the levels tended to be much shorter and lacked the hidden exits. Current Mood: tired
- Sun, 17:04: RT @ESEAsianBeauty: This analogy only works until you realize that women have free will & aren't anyone's property https://t.co/5Y0fjs1U52
- Sun, 17:33: RT @TedMcClelland: Donald Trump will replace Fidel Castro as the most prominent Russian-backed leader in the Western Hemisphere.
- Sun, 18:44: @VoVat @AnnSoforth - https://t.co/rEdyebxiIs: The two #AmericanAlligator adults we saw, through with their decapitation threats."
- Sun, 18:54: RT @MeaganAldaine: Mary did you know that no one believes you are a virgin. #CreepyChristmasLyrics
- Sun, 19:36: RT @OrangeLeaderUSA: Report: Kellyanne Conway needs 27 more Dalmation puppies to complete her fur coat. https://t.co/nt7evtYfYv
- Sun, 22:36: Today You Are a�Man https://t.co/rAcCPNxC94 https://t.co/4ncKcKiBaE
- Sun, 22:47: The sign must have an identity crisis, and has to constantly state what it is. Either that or… https://t.co/PhTjnmJlh1
- Sun, 23:12: Just posted a photo @ Chinatown, Manhattan https://t.co/CUovsp57t2
- Mon, 10:33: RT @julieklausner: Before u use social media to tell a stranger she is fat, ask yourself instead: "could my time be better spent lighting m… </ul
|Sunday, November 27th, 2016|
|Saturday, November 26th, 2016|
|Friday, November 25th, 2016|
- Thu, 15:14: If people want an oil pipeline so badly, they should have it built through their own yards.
- Thu, 15:14: RT @caliluvgirl77: Columbus: SO THIS IS INDIA Natives: actually it's no- C: HI INDIANS N: no see, we are nowhere near- C: INDIA IS FUN…
- Thu, 15:15: RT @lightheart1: Trump voiced ANGER at NYT for using unflattering pics showing his double chin, so if you see these shots, do not RT them O…
- Thu, 15:24: Watch "Mono Puff - Tryptophan" on YouTube - A little Thanksgiving music https://t.co/PdlRLIoC46
- Thu, 15:31: No DAPL, but dappled dachshunds are all right. #thanksgiving #dogsoﬁnstagram #nodapl🚫 https://t.co/cSejJnK18H
- Thu, 15:43: The word "Beth" was removed first. https://t.co/Jl5jYGzdMY
- Thu, 16:36: RT @TurnOPhraseGame: #IfItWereUpToMe Futurama would never be cancelled.
- Thu, 17:14: RT @MsPackyetti: "No." thanksgiving. 2016. https://t.co/N5j94alfCx
- Thu, 22:56: Books Within Books https://t.co/9KdpMrOL1B https://t.co/cNS4tFFcss
|Thursday, November 24th, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Wed, 12:05: I suspect that "cuck," like "cunt," has become an insult for its terse sound more than its meaning.
- Wed, 12:06: Also, could something white supremacists consider an insult really be that bad?
- Wed, 13:16: Apparently white nationalists think ordering salad is wussy. As a total wimp who doesn't like salad, I resent the stereotype.
- Wed, 13:29: Wonder if the Trump team admires Condoleezza Rice for her belligerence, or hates her for being an ambitious black woman.
- Wed, 13:47: When Hillary said she goes high when they go low, she didn't realize the presidency was decided through a limbo contest.
- Wed, 15:00: Thanksgiving is my third favorite holiday based on eating turkey, after Wattle Wednesday and St. Giblet's Day.
- Wed, 15:39: This Thanksgiving, remember to have beans in your button and a bone up your back. https://t.co/eHPDvbheDz
- Wed, 21:10: I generally don't eat that much at Thanksgiving. It's not like it includes unlimited breadsticks.
- Wed, 22:53: RT @elclimo: Happy Thanksgiving https://t.co/AmhivKAWDA
- Thu, 09:29: RT @AliyaBhatia: After years of casually using words like "feminazi" or "grammar nazi" we, as a society, are incapable of calling actual na…
|Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016|
- Tue, 16:44: You mean Storm Front ISN'T a fan group for the Billy Joel album?
- Tue, 18:02: Does doing the Mario consist entirely of swinging your arms and taking two steps, or are the lyrical instructions incomplete?
|Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Mon, 15:43: Once was Asia Minor #TurkeyIn4Words
- Mon, 17:03: A member of NATO #TurkeyIn4Words
- Mon, 17:04: RT @erikbransteen: Melania Trump doesn’t want to live in the same place as her husband. More than half of America feels the same way.
- Mon, 20:02: I Wish We Were Going to Candy Apple�Island https://t.co/RXKcDRLphy https://t.co/6AT3FQAQpm
- Mon, 22:13: I never understand people becoming conservative when they have kids. Do they bother you so much you want to make sure they have no future?
- Tue, 09:48: It sucks that I'm working Black Friday this year, but thank Hermes it isn't in retail.
- Tue, 10:37: RT @pixelatedboat: Fiction can actually provide insight into real events, and Star Wars shows clearly how we should respond to fascism: blo…
- Tue, 10:41: Venus: "Women are from me? My environment can't support humans of any gender!" #HowPlanetsTalkAboutEachOther
- Tue, 10:43: RT @michaelseitzman: If you raise your hand and shout "Sieg Heil" you're a Nazi. When you have sex with a goat, you're not an "alt farmer,"…
- Tue, 12:07: I still don't quite grasp how breathing through your mouth means you're stupid.
|Monday, November 21st, 2016|
- Sun, 16:00: Trump recently spoke with Wonderland's chief executive. His comment: "I like people who carry through with their decapitation threats."
- Sun, 16:08: RT @jwPencilAndPad: Mike Pence somehow managed to be the least popular Vice-President at a musical about a Vice-President who kills the her…
- Sun, 16:13: RT @Staggfilms: The Lion King had to shut down production after Trump's sons tried to kill and take selfies with the cast. #FakeMusicalTh…
- Sun, 16:15: RT @ChairmanTaylor: I hear Trump campaign is now working on competing play, a sequel to 'Rent' called 'Rent: But Not To Those People' #Fa…
- Sun, 16:24: Does SNL alumnus Dennis Miller regularly appearing on Bill O'Reilly not count as equal time to Trump?
- Mon, 13:13: This might be the last year for a while a turkey gets a presidential pardon. Trump will probably have his deported to Istanbul.
- Mon, 13:21: RT @Kris_Sacrebleu: Not sure there's redemption for your soul after what you've levied upon the American people, Pollstress Goebbels https:…
- Mon, 13:35: RT @jeeveswilliams: Trump’s so angry at theatre, he's gonna try to build a fourth wall.
|Sunday, November 20th, 2016|