[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Saturday, April 21st, 2018|
- Fri, 16:40: RT @Boringstein: I got mad about the way we talk about Elon Musk and wealth in general, so I yelled about it: https://t.co/4BS3JNZarS
- Fri, 17:11: RT @johnny_sensebot: @Boringstein @a_man_in_black If only there were some lesson other than most science fiction and all of history that co…
- Fri, 17:35: RT @BreeNewsome: I immediately have a negative opinion of a business if Fox News is the station of choice for the lobby TV 😒
- Fri, 22:15: Delete Your Account https://t.co/F1upgYjZJ4 https://t.co/I6LbNW5au6
- Fri, 22:33: The Robin Hood You Love is A Lie https://t.co/SY6yrfmUnJ via @tordotcom Interesting take on how persistent the idea… https://t.co/70Ldj9zQ7z
- Sat, 00:17: 📷 https://t.co/EcPjORk4aY
- Sat, 00:17: 📷 retrogamingblog: Mario Artwork made by Hans Tseng https://t.co/RoXDuCNzvN
- Sat, 00:17: 📷 tinypaint: dreamt about Jupiter and its haunting me https://t.co/btvhEUBuK1
- Sat, 00:43: coolcatgroup: fizzy-dog: i love cats you have long cat (serval) ear cat (sand cat) small evil cat (black... https://t.co/8o4cJf0MTA
- Sat, 10:12: I keep thinking today is Sunday. Better than the reverse, I guess.
|Friday, April 20th, 2018|
- Thu, 12:50: I think the original #SuperMarioBros manual was the first place I came across the word "ricochet." I also associate… https://t.co/JZd0Gjp3te
- Thu, 13:14: RT @the_myleg_fish: So I work at Starbucks and I have already had 3 white women ask about the May 29 closing for racial bias training, sayi…
- Thu, 14:59: Airbnb? Well, I've slept in an airbed before, but an air breakfast sounds remarkably insubstantial.
- Fri, 10:09: It's been 19 years since Columbine. Is it appropriate to talk about gun control now?
|Thursday, April 19th, 2018|
- Wed, 13:17: RT @LBD_Nytetrayn: https://t.co/wFyInudfm7
- Wed, 13:26: RT @xkcdComic: Turkish Delight https://t.co/x38tmk6tCe https://t.co/h2G1oYLzrh https://t.co/zHSGhX5uQV
- Wed, 15:51: I find the Facebook interface too busy and confusing, but I get more reactions there than elsewhere. Mind you, I th… https://t.co/F9mlex7Way
- Wed, 16:43: RT @3x1minus1: Websites: “use our app!” Apps: “actually you have to use our website for this action”
- Wed, 17:03: Does Pygmalion involve incest? I mean, he has a relationship with someone he created.
- Wed, 17:20: @mbruin95 Happy birthday!
- Wed, 17:35: RT @Reamkore: No musical group is more due for making a comeback than Bill Haley and the Comets. If my math is right they should do it ever…
- Wed, 22:01: RT @dubstep4dads: i ordered 30 of these last week and they just arrived today. now idk what to do with them https://t.co/sHqoFjHW3r
|Wednesday, April 18th, 2018|
|Tuesday, April 17th, 2018|
- Mon, 12:33: 📷 Are busty, homicidal redheads anyone’s type? As usual, she has a lot more hit points when she fights... https://t.co/V9sOpNBhrJ
- Mon, 12:33: 📷 paladin-andric: Every time they protect each other. What great bros. Included “Mario angrily protects... https://t.co/becZLQhBs1
- Mon, 13:22: 📷 Clever touch with the dog being possessed by the evil scepter, but I’ll feel bad if I have to kill... https://t.co/oyBD7tRYi4
- Mon, 13:27: My shirt sleeves were soaked when I got to work today, and I was wearing a raincoat and carrying an umbrella.
- Mon, 13:47: RT @Steven37366100: [Mutiny on the Bounty] Sir, we've decided store brand paper towels work just as well
- Mon, 14:49: Seven sages who sealed away evil? Did #DragonQuestVIII rip off its back story from Link to the Past?
- Mon, 15:46: April is Stress Awareness Month? I'm already well aware of my stress, thank you.
- Mon, 22:19: Calling Sean Hannity a Secret Client makes him sound cooler than he deserves.
- Mon, 22:26: RT @gabedelahaye: CNN: Sean Hannity MSNBC: Sean Hannity AP: Sean Hannity REUTERS: Sean Hannity NYT: Sean Hannity FOXNEWS: Health Corner: Ar…
- Tue, 08:26: RT @Mikel_Jollett: SEAN HANNITY: Please give me privacy. Also SEAN HANNITY: OMG look at where the pre-teen Obama girls went on their sprin…
|Monday, April 16th, 2018|
|Sunday, April 15th, 2018|
- Sat, 16:48: RT @Darlainky: Meanwhile in Heaven... Steve Jobs: [demonstrating device] You can listen to hymns, download prayers, create prayerlists, an…
- Sat, 16:52: RT @bazecraze: I think our best hope is that Trump will get carried away and fire himself.
- Sat, 22:11: RT @CornOnTheGoblin: (Flintstones theme song) ninjas turtle ninjas they're a teenage mutant family with their master splinter they're about…
- Sat, 22:20: RT @The__Goomba: You know a sentence that makes me feel old. “I grew up with Xbox”
|Saturday, April 14th, 2018|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Fri, 12:41: Scooter Libby again? How many presidential pardons does one guy need?
- Fri, 13:34: RT @tyrantasorus: Dicks are like diamonds. Massive oversupply, but everyone thinks that theirs is unique worth photographing. #Showerthough…
- Fri, 13:40: RT @ghweldon: PERSEPHONE: I'm back, Mom. DEMETER: Your mail's on the counter. How's Mopey McGee? PERSEPHONE: Do we have to do this now? DEM…
- Fri, 13:47: "Infinity War" isn't about Afghanistan? #ObviousJokeIsObvious
- Fri, 13:55: RT @patnspankme: I may not be every person’s box of wine, and I’m okay with that.
- Fri, 15:37: RT @OmegaValeron: #ff13 #friday13 #fridaythe13 https://t.co/6vil1opmJu
- Fri, 15:39: Scooter Libby expects a pardon, but I don't think Skeeter Libby will be so lucky.
- Fri, 15:47: RT @ArnonClark: @Bobo_The_Bard @catvalente @jessnevins Let’s call it what it is : Aslan is Jesus’ fursona.
- Fri, 16:35: Is it exclusively a pee TAPE, or can we get it on PeeVD?
- Fri, 17:06: RT @JohnPaulBunyan: After watching a few westerns, I've concluded that gun violence in America is largely the fault of city planners who di…
|Friday, April 13th, 2018|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Thu, 13:40: Is it not possible for Republican pundits to become irrelevant, no matter what they do? I mean, they're still invit… https://t.co/pT6QoXjj8y
- Thu, 13:52: RT @jules_su: My favorite thing about the current MAGA narrative is that it clearly says the President isn’t guilty of any crimes, he is ju…
- Thu, 13:59: RT @chrisdowning: "Sweep the leg!" - The boss of the janitors in The Statue of Liberty
- Thu, 14:12: RT @ChurchCarlton: A thing Moby and clean-eating advocates don't get is that when you're poor, a fucking Snickers bar might literally be th…
- Thu, 17:59: RT @MrFilmkritik: This is hilarious. https://t.co/KMXGkgg5K9
- Thu, 18:02: RT @TarkabarkaHolgy: K is for Kalamona, mythical monster that shackles the winds. Is it a person? Is it a dragon? Does it have a gender?...…
- Thu, 20:24: Giving This Wrinkle in Time Some�Credit https://t.co/2OjY2NVlK1 https://t.co/F1vStdcwjP
- Fri, 07:30: RT @KaivanShroff: Paul Ryan is retiring at age 48 because he thinks his job is “too difficult.” He has made it so physical laborers will…
- Fri, 08:32: RT @louisvirtel: Can't wait for the pee tape to come out so that everyone can yell "pee tape" 30 times and then nothing changes and we're s…
- Fri, 08:32: RT @COMMUNIST_FISH: https://t.co/nJrfaQaCwj
|Thursday, April 12th, 2018|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Wed, 13:08: RT @DanMentos: oh my god they’re killing the customers https://t.co/33y24a7XcP
- Wed, 13:44: Interesting. I'm not that familiar with "Cathy," but I have to suspect part of the issue is that, at least accordin… https://t.co/65g2jdpRf7
- Wed, 13:46: Also, I want to point out that my wife drew a comic where Cathy hooks up with Dilbert. https://t.co/5c27TIGvfp
- Wed, 13:51: RT @ScientistMel: Pretty certain Mark has been grown for a while and knows full well what he was doing as he has... a massive legal team,…
- Wed, 17:10: RT @GayAsFay: PRAISE THE SUN https://t.co/Km39ZtCtYy
- Wed, 17:39: Zuckerberg, and the living is sleazy. Phish are jumping, and the info is free. Your feed's mixed up, and your relatives are racist.
- Wed, 17:50: RT @Brimshack: Supposedly, Paul Ryan's retirement creates a leadership crisis in the Republican Party? But Republicans don't elect leaders.…
- Wed, 18:16: RT @MuslimIQ: This is simultaneously hilarious and frighteningly true. https://t.co/DPxRDeMYaa
- Wed, 18:29: RT @wonderella: Paul Ryan Steps Down To Spend More Time With Ayn Rand Waifu Pillow
- Wed, 20:31: #awrinkleintime left out several things I best remembered from the book, but when is that not the case?
|Wednesday, April 11th, 2018|
|Tuesday, April 10th, 2018|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Mon, 13:34: RT @AliPlumb: I unironically love this joke. https://t.co/TsiR719dIG
- Mon, 13:58: This jerk is, by his own admission, pro-colonialism. Aren't colonizers pretty much always immigrants? https://t.co/7AAcN6XdRJ
- Mon, 13:59: RT @RheaButcher: Anyone who thinks people have gone “too far” in trying to gain civil rights probably never had to try to gain their civil…
- Mon, 14:02: RT @AtmanThakrar: Sean Hannity is a bitch ass punk ass bitch ass little bitch. Please retweet.
- Mon, 17:17: Has Dinesh D'Souza realized yet that he's not white?
- Mon, 17:36: RT @MarioBrothBlog: In Paper Mario, talking to the Toad innkeeper in Koopa Village while standing on the table will result in the innkeeper…
- Mon, 17:39: RT @DarkMatter2525: A few words I just now wrote on the cognitive dissonance of Christianity... https://t.co/WAlMprgkru
- Mon, 19:31: Blowhards and Believers https://t.co/GmbXQEzguD https://t.co/XtugD0xIUw
- Tue, 08:01: I should probably see that Apu documentary, but I'll admit to being a little nervous as I always liked him as a cha… https://t.co/9FUMuhDPvj
- Tue, 08:05: RT @slpng_giants: Shout out to all the Nazis tripping over their dicks to defend a Jewish lawyer from New York right now!
|Monday, April 9th, 2018|
|Sunday, April 8th, 2018|
|Two Kids in Two Halls
Beth and I saw Scott Thompson on Tuesday and Kevin McDonald on Saturday, so here's a little bit about both. Scott was at Joe's Pub doing his Buddy Cole monologues, which if you aren't familiar are in his really over-the-top gay character, and can be quite offensive at times. Well, at least they would be if they weren't clearly done in-character.
I think he did a total of eleven, spanning his entire time doing the character from the nineties to today. I'd heard of a few of them before.
Kevin's performance was for his podcast, and we've been to a few others of these in the past. It was in a bigger venue this time, though. His guests were Michael Ian Black, Jordan Klepper, and Wheatus.
Michael is someone we've seen do comedy several times, and is usually quite entertaining, even if he did get involved in a weird Twitter argument not too long ago
. Kevin said he'd read on Wikipedia that Michael was "the epitome of stone-faced irony," but Michael then looked at his on Wikipedia page and didn't see it there. Kevin then asked our friend Tavie if American and Canadian Wikipedia were different. Really, I'd say Michael is more calmly sarcastic than stone-faced. Kevin did a bit with Michael about his (Kevin's) alcoholic father, and he and Jordan did a sketch about a customer at a sandwich shop being mad that the clerk called EVERYONE "boss," not just him. I really don't know much about Wheatus, aside from that I thought their name was a little off-putting and Beth says that MTV censored the word "gun" while leaving in "dick" when showing the "Teenage Dirtbag" video.I do like that one girl's mint green glasses.
After the show, we went to The Meatball Shop
, a themed restaurant that has multiple locations; we'd been to the one in Williamsburg before. Google Maps considers it a "gastropub," but I think that term is pretty gross. I know "gastro" just means "stomach," but when, aside from "gastropub," is it used to refer to anything other than pain? But then, I've always had a weird aversion to new slang, but I usually get used to it eventually. I picked the place out and quite liked it, while Beth isn't really a fan of meatballs. For me, it varies depending on the quality. Meatball subs tend to be a go-to for me at sandwich places, while I'd much rather have meat sauce than meatballs with spaghetti. The main thing I didn't like about the place was that it was too loud, a complaint I often have about bars. I did find the meat grinder decor pretty interesting.And we first heard about this place from a vegetarian. Current Mood: lazy
|Saturday, April 7th, 2018|
|Friday, April 6th, 2018|
|Thursday, April 5th, 2018|
- Wed, 12:14: Has Twitter become too big to fail whale?
- Wed, 13:07: RT @OhNoSheTwitnt: CNN: Today marks 50 years since MLK’s death. NBC: Today marks 50 years since MLK’s death. Fox News: Today marks 50 yea…
- Wed, 13:46: RT @molly7anne: Sick of people sayin “grow a pair” to signify “toughen up.” Like testicles are so strong. You know what’s really tough? Gro…
- Wed, 17:12: In theory, there's a significant difference between people who do mean things because they think they're in the rig… https://t.co/BIU1Iosltp
- Wed, 17:31: RT @aedison: DOCTOR: According to this BMI chart, you’re overweight. ME: Wow, that’s really worrying, because BMI is a fixed, naturally-occ…
- Wed, 18:06: Do you think we'll be getting "Gnomer's Odyssey" or "Ethan Gnome" next?
- Wed, 18:18: RT @PatrickClaybon: If you think Mike Huckabee’s tweets are bad, imagine the people he’s hoping to please with them.
- Wed, 18:19: RT @SaysHummingbird: CAN'T. RETWEET. THIS. ENOUGH. 🔥🔥 https://t.co/JoVWv6gOqL
- Wed, 21:20: The Trump administration: "Martin Luther King was awesome! As long as you disregard everything he believed and fought for, anyway."
- Wed, 21:53: Finally saw #BlackPanther today. I'll try to write a review tomorrow, but for now...why does the outcast tribe in a… https://t.co/3MG1J7lUBK
|Wednesday, April 4th, 2018|
|Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018|
( Read more...Collapse )
- Mon, 13:34: RT @owillis: Missed opportunity for the NY Times today. Could have interviewed some satanists to “both sides” the whole Jesus thing. “In t…
- Mon, 13:34: RT @urbanmeemaw: @owillis @MarMagdermanNYT Sources claim Judas needed silver because Jesus ignored his economic anxiety.
- Mon, 13:35: RT @UncleDuke1969: If the crucifixion happened today, it would be televised, and sponsored by Home Depot.
- Mon, 13:46: RT @technololigy: when jeff bezos hoards riches he's "the richest man in the world" or "an entrepreneur", but when a dragon does it they're…
- Mon, 13:49: While I understand the argument that impeachment could lead to an even worse Pence presidency, it's pretty disturbi… https://t.co/e4EvJr5061
- Mon, 13:59: There's a third "God's Not Dead" movie? When someone makes three films with the same suspiciously specific denial i… https://t.co/qYCLTZKOXE
- Mon, 14:03: RT @living_marble: Ooh, I'm Indiana Jones, imma ignore this monumental architecture that incorporates moving parts to create ingenious trap…
- Mon, 17:15: Elijah is sorry he couldn't make it to any seders this year. His flaming chariot was in the shop.
- Mon, 17:38: RT @edroso: My @villagevoice column on Roseanne, Kevin Williamson, and Laura Ingraham, and the conservatives who defend them from their ow…
- Mon, 20:14: RT @RPGSite: Final Fantasy VI was out today in 1994. Lauded as one of the greatest RPGs of all time, it was (and still is) a landmark entry…