Tonight was the Erin McKeown concert at the World Cafe in Philadelphia, which bethje and I attended. The opener was Jill Sobule, and I have to say I didn't know much about her other than that colleenanne was a runner-up in a contest to redesign her website, and that Katy Perry stole her song title. Actually, she addressed that latter, saying that she got sick of people asking her about that, and eventually sarcastically referred to Katy as...well, I forget the exact phrase, but it was something like "that title-stealing cunt." They quoted Jill as if she were serious, and she got a lot of e-mails from angry teenage girls, some of whom eventually ended up as her Facebook friends. Anyway, she was pretty good, and she and Erin performed a few songs together. Erin's set included some of her older songs, like "Queen of Quiet" and "Blackbirds," as well as many from her newest album, which we still don't have. Towards the end, Erin and Jill played a medley of "All the Single Ladies" and Destiny's Child's "Survivor," and a cover of "Coming to America" complete with Neil Diamond imitations. Definitely a fun show, and Erin informed us about the Christian side hug. I forgot to bring my camera, so the only pictures I took were a few really lousy ones I took with my phone. They're so bad that I'm not going to bother linking to them directly, but I guess the links will show up in my next Twitter transcription.
- 01:46 @renlong Human butts or cigarette butts? #
- 02:41 @OfficialKat Same reason the female centaurs in the Narnia movies wear tank tops? #
- 16:29 @d_whiteplume I think he said something about how the vaccine needed more testing. He has some weird ideas on health issues. #
- 16:30 I took my medicine! Why am I still coughing? I want my money back! No, actually, I want my throat back! #
- 20:00 twitgoo.com/5r78m Jill Sobule #
- 20:11 twitgoo.com/5r7dv Jill Sobule and @erinmckeown #
- 20:51 twitgoo.com/5r7tt @erinmckeown performing "Queen of Quiet" #