Speaking of food, I've decided, at least for the time being, to stop using cheddar cheese in the ham sandwiches I bring to work. While I love cheddar when it's newly sliced or in a hot sandwich, it just doesn't taste right in a cold sandwich. Maybe I'll try provolone, which seems better suited to that purpose. Besides, I can get that pre-sliced. (Yes, it's also possible to get cheddar pre-sliced, but it doesn't taste the same.)
Okay, what else do I have to write about? I had a dream early this week where I was trying to figure out whether to leave New York City by driving or public transportation. The problem is that I had my car there with me, so the dilemma really made no sense. Anyway, at one point I stopped outside a Friday's, which kind of bothered me because I remember another dream where I ran into some hoodlums in a Friday's parking lot in Philadelphia. In this dream, though, all that happened was that a bunch of people gathered there looking to apply for a job. I think I woke up not long after that.
In my waking life, bethje and I have had two dance classes so far. There are a total of five classes, but I don't know for sure how many of the others we'll be able to attend. We covered the Foxtrot and a little bit of the Jitterbug in the first class, and started with the Waltz in the second. I can't say I'm particularly good at any of these; I can usually remember the moves, but I'm pretty stiff. I guess that's the kind of thing you can get over with practice.
After last night's class, I was really thirsty, so I ordered a lemonade at McDonald's. It was too sour (come on, Mickey D's, it's lemonADE, not lemon JUICE), but I made short work of the large size anyway. Then we went to Target, where Beth bought me a new suit and dress shoes.
And finally, here's a meme that I got from travspence:
1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
1. If someone says "is this okay?" you say...
Just Like Noah's Ark - Elton John
2. How would you describe yourself?
Barry Is The Baby's Name/Horowitz/Get On The Garden Freeway - Allan Sherman
(I'd describe myself as a parody of three George M. Cohan songs?)
3. What do you like in a guy?
It's Easy - Ladies and Gentlemen
4. How do you feel today?
Spy/Mr. Tambourine Man - They Might Be Giants
(Yes, I feel like my mind's too mind to mind.)
5. What is your life's purpose?
Bartholomew - Frank Black and the Catholics
6. What is your motto?
Fast As I Can - Erin McKeown
7. What do your friends think of you?
Be Patient - Ed Greene
8. What do you think of your parents?
Dress Up In You - Belle and Sebastian
9. What do you think about often?
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
(Maybe that would explain why I'm always kind of on edge.)
10. What is 2 + 2?
Have You Ever Kissed An Idiot? - James Kochalka Superstar
(Like an idiot that doesn't know what two plus two equals, perhaps?)
11. What do you think of your best friend?
Kokiri Forest - Ocarina of Time
(Well, she DOES enjoy the Zelda games.)
12. What do you think of the person you like?
West Virginia - John Linnell
(And I'm pretty sure that's her favorite of the State Songs.)
13. What is your life story?
Tomorrow On The Runway - Innocense Mission
14. What happened to Question 14?
Callin' In Sick - "Weird Al" Yankovic
(Hey, that answer actually makes sense!)
15. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Broke In Two - TMBG
16. What do you think of when you see the person you like?
1000 Oceans - Tori Amos
17. What will you dance to at your wedding?
Joining A Fan Club - Puffy AmiYumi
(Maybe if I knew whatever dance they do to the J-pop. And planned to have a wedding.)
18. What will they play at your funeral?
Theme From Flood - TMBG
(So my death would mean the world would be in love again? Sounds about right.)
19. What is your hobby/interest?
Back In The U.S.S.R. - The Beatles
20. What is your biggest fear?
Whoever You Are - Geggy Tah
21. What is your biggest secret?
Purple People - Tori Amos
22. What do you think of your friends?
Alice Childress - Ben Folds Five
23. What will you post this as?
Just Pretend - The Bens