One of my dreams last night involved a delivery guy coming to the house and delivering three packages, which turned out to be Oz books. The books weren't in packages when I looked at them, though, and one of them had a somewhat generic title along the lines of "The Magic Castle and Island of Oz." (I don't think that actually was the title, but it was pretty similar. I'm pretty sure it involved magic and castles, and had two different nouns separated by the word "and.") The delivery guy was hanging around much longer than he needed to, and looking into one of the cars that was parked outside. I eventually came to realize it was a dream, and tried to read as much as I could before I woke up. Unfortunately, I don't really remember any of it, but I don't think it was all that exciting anyway.
Maybe part of why my subconscious didn't want me waking up was what was happening outside. I was hoping we'd get through this crazy, constantly fluctuating winter with no major snow accumulation, but we weren't that lucky. The roads were not in good shape, and even though I saw a few salt trucks and plows, the snow was staying on them. The one positive thing is that it was the kind of snow that's relatively easy to drive in, rather than the sort where your car can get stuck (which mine often has). After dropping off Beth at work, my car spun out of control when I tried to stop too suddenly at a light. Fortunately, there were no other cars around, so I didn't do any damage. After that, I made sure to always come to a more gradual stop. I am really not at all good at driving in the snow. The thing is, I think I might be in the majority here, and yet everything generally runs as usual on snowy days. If I didn't have to leave the house, I'd be much more likely to think of snow as something pretty that blankets the fields. Since I usually do have to drive in that, though, I just consider it to be a nuisance.
science did this meme where you answer questions with Google search results. These are always fun, but it's annoying to look back at old ones and see that most of the pictures no longer work. Anyway, here are my answers:
1. Your First Name
2. How old are you?
3. What month were you born in?
4. What's your favorite tv show?
5. What's your favorite color?
6. What's your favorite movie?
7. Who's your favorite musical artist?
8. What are you most afraid of?
9. What's your favorite time of day?
10. What's your favorite accessory?
11. Something you always carry with you?
12. One word to describe yourself?
13. Favorite food
14. Town you were born in
15. Favorite song/artist [Wait, how is this one question? I'm going to just do "favorite song" for this one, and make "favorite artist" the missing #7.]
16. Middle name?
17. How do you feel?
18. What do you find most attractive about the preferred sex?
19. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
20. What do you think about the last person you dated?
21. Describe your last big mistake in one word:
22. Where were you on your last vacation?
23. Who/what makes you smile the most?
24. Name one person you regret ever meeting.
25. What do you want to be when you grow up?
26. Worst habit?