2. I guess the newest trend on American Idol is having guest singers who have bugger-all to do with the show. A little while ago they had Leona Lewis, who had somewhat of a connection because Simon Cowell "discovered" her. This week, though, they had Natasha Bedingfield, and I don't see how she's related to anything. Mind you, I found Leona to be incredibly dull, while I can't say I really have anything against Natasha. While I can't say that hit of hers about feeling the rain on your skin (which you might recognize from easy-listening radio or commercials for skin care products) is a great song, I've always thought it was pleasant enough. I never quite understood who it was who thought someone else COULD feel the rain on their skin for them, though. Man, people think they can outsource anything these days. :P
3. One problem with my writing (which I might have mentioned before, but I don't feel like going back through my journal to find out) is that I'm kind of spastic. When I'm writing one thing, I often feel like another would be a lot more fun. And if I try working on that other piece, I feel like something else would be more fun than THAT, as well. Maybe my main problem is that I find thinking about writing to be more enjoyable than actually doing it. That said, I think my second draft of Prince Pompadore in Oz is coming along pretty well.
4. While I'm as annoyed at the high gas prices as anyone else (well, okay, probably less so than SUV owners, and more so than the Amish), I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better for them just to raise them a whole lot, and leave them alone for a while. At least that way it wouldn't be a surprise every time you went to the gas station. They also say that gas prices are much higher in other developed countries, but they (a largely different "they" in this case) also say that a lot of these countries have a higher standard of living and more reliable public transportation.
5. I found this to be pretty funny, and a good illustration of how I feel about people in this day and age invoking Pascal's Wager.
6. Courtesy of slfcllednowhere, here's my Musickum index:
Speaking of last.fm, my page is still showing me stuff from February as "top artists this week." Is there any way to update that?