And now, some nerdy notes on things I noticed:
- Dan Castellaneta reappeared as the Robot Devil, but Hank Azaria didn't reprise his role as Harold Zoid.
- Assuming Fry's cell phone contact list is alphabetical, the Professor apparently isn't on it.
- At one point, Zapp says, "Stardate: Year of the Tiger." I believe 3008 will actually be the Year of the Dragon.
- I've eaten at the Times Square Applebee's before. I wonder if it will be just as overpriced in another thousand years.
- I used to have one of those Labyrinth games on which the Deathball court was based. I sucked at it.
- At least as far as I could see, Nibbler never showed up. Has he permanently abandoned the Universe, or will he show up again in one of the later movies?
I'm definitely looking forward to the next one, but I think I'd prefer it if the next two don't have plots where the fate of the world hangs in the balance, as that's starting to get a bit predictable. I know they need big stories for these feature-length movies, but I'm sure they can do that without yet another alien invasion being the central theme.
Okay, I think I'm going to watch it with commentary now. I wanted to get my own thoughts out there before hearing what the writers had to say, but it looks like I've now accomplished that.