Name 5 fictional characters you really like, whose names start with the letter you're given, and let us know why you like them. My letter is G.
1. Gollum. I found this riddle-obsessed, hissing creature quite interesting when reading The Hobbit, and was excited to see that he had some back story in Lord of the Rings.
2. Glinda. The most powerful sorceress in Oz, ruler of the Quadlings, and power behind Ozma's throne. I think I'd find her intimidating if I were to meet her in person, but I think she's an interesting character to read about and work with.
3. Granny Weatherwax. Speaking of intimidating witches, the most famous witch on the Discworld accomplishes a lot through intimidation, sheer force of will, and a heavy dose of headology. Her first name is actually Esmerelda, but I think she still counts.
4. Gohma. The one-eyed spider boss from the Zelda games. A pretty cool enemy, and its name is fun to say.
5. Gargravarr. When Zaphod Beeblebrox encountered this guardian of the Total Perspective Vortex, he was undergoing a trial separation from his body. I love gags like that. His first name, by the way, is Pizpot.
If you'd like to play, I can give you a letter. Just let me know.
Speaking of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a few of my LJ friends have reported that Eoin Colfer is writing a new book in the series. I'm not inherently opposed to sequels by hands other than the original author's (I'm a big fan of the Oz books by Ruth Plumly Thompson, for instance), but so much of the appeal of that series is in Douglas Adams' writing style, and I'm not sure anyone else can really write like he did.