1. Who was your FIRST date?
Believe it or not (and I'm sure anyone who knew me at the time can easily believe it), I didn't date in high school or college. I started dating bethje in 2000, soon after getting my bachelor's degree, and I eventually married her.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Yes, I'm married to her.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I'm not even sure. Probably just a champagne toast, or a sip of something. If you're talking about a full drink, though, it might have been a Fuzzy Navel. I think that's the first kind of drink I really LIKED, anyway.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Working as an usher at the movie theater after my freshman year of college. Despite the title, it involved a lot of sweeping up, and not much ushering.
5. What was your FIRST car?
A green 2002 Ford Focus. I actually just recently got rid of it. As further proof that I was a late starter when it came to most adult things, I didn't learn to drive until I was twenty-four.
6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Oddly enough, my first ride was actually on a private plane. My dad knew someone with a plane and a pilot's license, and he flew us back home from visiting my grandparents in Virginia.
7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
I've never really been close enough to anyone for them to be my best friend, aside from Beth.
8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time?
My aunt's, when I was a baby. I believe the first one I can actually REMEMBER attending was that of one of my dad's co-workers.
9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate.
We didn't get along that well, and I think that was partially my fault and partially his. He moved out partway through the second semester, and I had the room to myself, which was cool. I haven't been in communication with him since then, but we have some mutual friends.
10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)?
I want to say a life of comfort, but that would probably backfire on me in some way.
11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
Not sure how this question has anything to do with firsts, but how to play a musical instrument.
12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with?
13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why?
Swimming lessons, maybe?
14. What is the first thing you do when you get home?
Use the bathroom, usually.